Monday, August 9, 2010

Robert Pires going to Birmingham ??

Pires, 36, is a free agent after being released by Villarreal and has attracted interest from English clubs who presumably recall the huge influence he exerted over Arsenal's title-winning sides of 2002 and 2004.
The French midfielder still feels capable of making an impact in England and is open to offers from both Birmingham and Championship club Leicester.
"There's a few big English teams chasing me," Pires said. "I'm told Leicester and Birmingham have made serious enquires.
"I still think I can play in the Premier League but the challenge of getting a team like Leicester promoted is very appealing, especially with maybe two seasons left in my legs.
"If the right kind of club expresses an interest, I have no problem going over and doing a pre-season so they can have a closer look at me."


reff : http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=797846&cc=4716

No comments:

Post a Comment